Advanced SkillBlocks® Troubleshooting
Designed for experienced plant personnel with day to day responsibilities for operating the plant or improving the process. This includes outside operators, console operators, supervisors, engineers, electrical and instrument technicians.
- Describe how using a standardized problem solving methodology contributes to successful problem solving.
- Explain how EXCEL methodology is used to troubleshoot a process or equipment.
- Use logical thinking to determine possible and probable faults within a given system.
- Define terminology applied to dependency diagrams or cause and effect diagrams.
- Describe the process for determining the dependency of one process element on another.
- Given a troubleshooting example and a dependency diagram apply EXCEL methodology to work through a problem in a real time process simulation.
This two-day course includes process oriented examples used throughout class. Exercises are based on real plant situations.
Introduction of Troubleshooting Methodology
Advantages of Methodology
Steps for Troubleshooting
Thorough Explanation of EXCEL Methodology
- Step 1: Envision
- Step 2: eXamine
- Step 3: Choose
- Step 4: Execute
- Step 5: Leverage
- Process Elements
- Flow Streams & Linkages
- Dependency & Cause and Effect
- Creating Worksheet Matrix
- Charting the Dependencies
- Troubleshoot a Mixer Using EXCEL Methodology
- Practice EXCEL Methodology Using Simtronics Simulation
Thorough knowledge of chemical / refinery processing, instrumentation and process equipment.
Suggested Class Size
16 hours (2 days)