This course introduces participants to concepts of variation to be used in their goals as managers or team leaders. A brief introduction to Total Quality Management is given, showing how variation affects quality and the ability to make good decisions. Examples are used that demonstrate variation in accounting, business, marketing and people-related areas. The focus is on the philosophy of managing a system.
- Learn about and understand variation in order to make good decisions in allocating resources, selecting people, and providing direction
- Understand the interpretation of data
- Compare methods of analyzing data
- Present principles for analyzing and interpretation of data
- Illustrate methods and principles using management data