The State of Texas Academic Resource Link (STARLINK) is our nation’s oldest, video‐based, higher education professional development network. It was established by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) in 1989 to increase access to professional development activities among faculty throughout Texas.
Now in its third decade of operation, STARLINK provides higher education institutions throughout North America with a multi‐purpose network that provides cutting edge training by the greatest educators available.
As an employee of Brazosport College you have FREE access to this vast online resource. View 100's of on-demand development seminars, training programs, teaching strategy modules, and other resources from your very own computer!
The process is easy! Just set up an account, takes only a minute, then log in at anytime to view videos from the STARLINK Showing or Library sections.
- Go to STARLINKtraining.org website.
- Hover mouse over the Membership tab and click Create Individual Account.
- Fill out the form using your Brazosport Email address.
- When done, click Submit Form.
- You will receive an email to validate your account, click the Click Here link to validate.
- After validation you are ready to login, click the yellow Login button in the upper right corner of the STARLINK site
- Under the Current Members header on the left type in your Brazosport email and the password you just created. Click Login.
Once logged in you are in the Showing tab which provides a list of sessions currently available (view image).
Click the yellow Watch button on the right to begin viewing a particular video (view image).
Click the Library tab to enter the archived videos area (view image).
Click on the Archived Videos text link to access the Collections area (view image).
Select the link on the right for Titles (view image).
To view a video in the Library, click on any Title from the list (view image).
Select the link at the top for Link to Video (STARLINK subscribers only) - view image.
This will open a new tab or window in which you can then select Click here to watch the video > (view image).