WHO MAY USE INTERLIBRARY LOAN:
- Only faculty, staff and students currently enrolled at Brazosport College, and retired faculty and staff may use Interlibrary Loan services. All users must have current Brazosport College ID Cards.
- Non-students and Texshare patrons are not eligible for Interlibrary Loan services.
WHAT MAY BE BORROWED:
- Books, copies of microfilm and microfiche not owned by Brazosport College Library can be borrowed.
- Photocopies of specific pages from journals or newspapers may be requested in accordance with copyright law. Patrons will be limited to borrowing 2 books at a time and 5 articles per week.
WHAT MAY NOT BE BORROWED:
- We cannot borrow reference books, serials, recent newspapers not yet on microfilm, reserve materials, fragile materials, "media" (such as videos, computer disks, audio tapes, compact disks), rare materials, or valuable materials such as manuscripts.
- The Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Unit obtains materials not owned by Brazosport College Library.
- Before submitting a request, please check the ONLINE CATALOG to see if what you need is owned by the BC Library.
- The ILL unit will only obtain materials owned by the BC Library if they are missing pages or listed in the catalog as AT BINDERY, MISSING, or LOST.
- The purpose of the ILL Unit is to support the teaching mission of Brazosport College.
REQUESTING INTERLIBRARY LOAN MATERIALS:
ILL staff will contact patrons by phone or email when the requested materials are ready to be picked up. If we are unable to fill your request, or if there is a problem with the request, we will notify you.
The loan period is generally three weeks, but varies among lending libraries. Some libraries allow a two-week renewal, but the request to renew must be made at least 2 days before the book is due.
Users are urged to return materials on time in order to ensure that lending libraries continue to share their resources with us.
You are responsible for any fines and/or replacement costs levied by the lending library, as well as, any overdue fines charged by the BC Library.
ONLINE REQUEST FORM