Don't wait to take control of your life and your future. Begin this New Year with MyGED™ at www.GED.com, your start-to-finish tool for the 2014GED® program.
The General Educational Development tests (GED Test) can give you the opportunity to earn a high school equivalency diploma… a credential recognized as a key to employment opportunities, advancement, further education, and financial rewards.
The intent of the GED program is to serve the serious needs of those students who have withdrawn from a regular high school program (either public or homeschool). In no way does the GED program intend to disrupt or encourage disruption within the regular high school program.
What do you get with MyGED™? (Watch the video)
- Convenient 24/7 scheduling and same-day scores
- Flexibility to pay as you go and test on what you want, when you’re ready
- Resources for jobs and training
THE 2014 GED TEST SPECIFICATIONS
FOUR CONTENT AREAS (3 opportunities to test per year, per content area) and will be a total of about 7 1/4 hours long with the timing as follows OR you may take each test individually:
Reasoning Through Language Arts (RLA)-150 minutes
Mathematical Reasoning- 115 minutes (on-screen calculator available as needed - no personal calculators allowed.)
Social Studies- 90 minutes
The GED test will have a passing score of 150 for each subject. Therefore, students will need to reach a score of at least 150 on each subject and a total score of 600 or higher across the four-subject tests in order to receive the GED test credential.
Offered in English and Spanish
ONLINE REGISTRATION STEPS
-YOU WILL NO LONGER BE ALLOWED TO REGISTER IN PERSON-
Test takers seeking accommodations: Register at the online link on step 1 of this section. Once required forms are completed and sent to the State, you will be notified if approved or not approved in writing within 30 days, then further instructions will be provided by the State.
Pricing: $135 for the entire battery of four test OR you have the option to take each test individually for a price of $33.75.
DEBIT, CREDIT, AND GIFT CARDS: All testing programs delivering the GED test can immediately process payments from debit, credit, or gift cards. The online system accepts these forms of payment online and emails the receipt directly to the purchaser.
CASH, CHECKS, AND MONEY ORDERS: Programs can use voucher or a testing center credit line to collect cash, checks and money orders. Testing centers and organizations can also use their business credit cards to schedule students as an alternative form of payment.
Retest Policy: If you need to retest two times per content area within 12 months of your first test date you will be discounted at a retest price of $13.75 within the 12 months of the FIRST attempt. After the third attempt, test-takers MUST wait 60 days before they can test again at the retest cost of $33.75.
Where can I study?
- The course is free to Texas residents and is offered in Freeport and Lake Jackson through Community Education for more information you may contact them at (979) 230-3600.
GED TEST DATES
RECEIVING GED TEST SCORES
Within a few hours after testing you can log back into your account at www.ged.com
to retrieve your scores.
OBTAINING A COPY OF GED CERTIFICATE:
- Initial copy of the GED certificate (in letter format) will be mailed to successful test takers who meet the requirements for a GED or an Incomplete Letter providing test scores to test takers who have failed to complete the requirements. Test takers must print any duplicate copies of their certificate online for a $5 fee at www.texged.com.
Steps to obtain a copy through www.texged.com:
1. Scroll to middle of page to "Texas GED Certificate/ Transcript Search", click on link;
2. Enter your Social Security number (no hyphens) and birth date;
3. Click on "Search" button, if "Certificate Found" is showing in red, you will be able to purchase a
(Note: If certificate not found: it’s incomplete, incorrect data entry, or too soon for
scores to be showing in
4. Click on the "Buy and Print Certificate/Transcript" button
(Note: Payment type options to be used are Credit Card [may use bank card but not as
debit] or Electronic Check
[account number and routing number is needed if using Check option.])
Brazosport College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, creed, color, age, or national origin in its educational and vocational programs, activities, or employment as required by title IX, Section 504 and Title VI.