What is the TSI Assessment?
Beginning August 26, 2013 all new degree seeking students will be required to take the new Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Assessment. The purpose of the new examination is to assess a student’s academic ability in order to correctly identify the correct course sequence for new students. The TSI Assessment will determine your entry level for the subjects of reading, writing, and math.
The new TSI assessment is better aligned to what is being taught in schools currently and helps to establish statewide guidelines for advising students into college level classes and allows colleges and universities to better tailor advising to individual student needs.
Am I exempt?
Submit all applicable official transcripts to obtain exemptions
Steps to Register for TSI Assessment
1. You must have a student ID number to register. This is obtained by completing the Brazosport College application at applytexas.org
2. Complete the free REQUIRED Pre-Assessment Activity
3. Select your TSI date
4. Pay $29 for the test on-campus in the Counseling & Testing Department (Free for all Sophomore, Junior, and Seniors until Spring semester Dual Credit students ONLY). We do not offer online payment at this time.
Understanding my TSI results
5. Understand your TSI Scores
6. Visit the Counseling & Testing Department. We strongly recommend that, before you enroll, you take time to speak with a counselor or an advisor to build your class schedule.
Special Accommodations for the TSI test are available and should be requested as early as possible for consideration.
For additional information on special accomodations visit Disability Services or contact the Counseling and Testing office (979) 230-3236.