Requirements for Admission to the BAT Program
• College level skills in reading, writing, and mathematics as evidenced by approved placement testing or previous college level coursework. College level coursework requires a C or better.
• Grade of C or better on all lower division core technical courses including internship.
• Be within one semester (or 18 semester hours) of completing the lower division coursework noted below.
• Completed Brazosport College Application for Admission/Readmission, transcripts, forms, and satisfaction of the general institutional admission requirements.
• Completed Brazosport College Supplemental Application for Admission to the Bachelor of Applied Technology program and approval by the Bachelor of Applied Technology Admissions Committee.
Note 1: Admission to the Bachelor of Applied Technology program is competitive, based on such factors as GPA, completion of the lower division coursework, work history, and scores on the ACT Collegiate Assessment of Academic Proficiency (CAAP), which measures writing, critical thinking, and mathematics skills. It should be noted that not all students who meet the minimum requirements stated above may be admitted into this program. Applications are to be reviewed by the Bachelor of Applied Technology Admissions Committee and recommended to the Dean, Educational Programs and Services for admission to the program.
Note 2: As space permits and with the permission of the program coordinator, qualified students who do not meet the admission requirements noted above, may take up to six upper division courses. Qualified students are those who have attained junior status, have completed any necessary course prerequisites, and have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0. Junior status is achieved by having earned at least 60 college-level semester credit hours, including ENGL 1301, ENGL 1302, and college level math.
Completion Requirements for the Bachelor of Applied Technology with a Major in Industrial Management Degree
• Satisfactory completion of a minimum 122 semester credit hours of transferable baccalaureate level education credits, of which at least 45 must be completed at Brazosport College.
• Completion of Brazosport College General Education Core Curriculum (45 credit hours).
• Completion of at least 42 credit hours in 3000 level courses or above, of which at least 30 must be completed at Brazosport College.
• Completion of all program of study requirements with a minimum 2.0 grade point average (based on a 4.0 scale) on all coursework attempted and on all courses within the major.
• Spanish proficiency