Requirements for Admission to the Bachelor of Applied Technology Program
• College level skills in reading, writing, and mathematics as evidenced by approved placement testing or previous college level coursework. College level coursework requires a C or better.
• Must be within one semester of completing the ower division courses.
• Submit completed Brazosport College Application for Admission/Readmission, transcripts, forms, and satisfaction of the general institutional admission requirements.
• While Brazosport College is an open-admissions institution, enrollment in upper-division courses requires separate application for admission and approval by the Bachelor of Applied Technology Admissions Committee. Students are admitted every semester.
• Admission to the Bachelor of Applied Technology program in Industrial Management is competitive, based on such factors as GPA, completion of lower division coursework, work history. It should be noted that not all students who meet the minimum requirements stated above may be admitted into this program. Applications are to be reviewed by the Bachelor of Applied Technology Admissions Committee and recommended to the Vice President, Academic & Student Affairs for admission to the program.
• As space permits and with the permission of the program coordinator, qualified students who do not meet the admission requirements noted above, may take up to six upper division courses. Qualified students are those who have attained junior status, have completed any necessary course prerequisites, and have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0. Junior status is achieved by having earned at least 60 college-level semester credit hours, including ENGL 1301, ENGL 1302, and college level math.
Requirements for Completion of the Bachelor of Applied Technology Program
• Satisfactory completion of a minimum 120 semester credit hours of transferable baccalaureate level education credits, of which at least 44 must be completed at Brazosport College.
• Completion of Brazosport College General Education Core Curriculum (42 credit hours).
• Completion of at least 43 credit hours in 3000 level courses or above, of which at least 30 must be completed at Brazosport College.
• Completion of all program of study requirements with a minimum 2.0 grade point average (based on a 4.0 scale) on all coursework attempted and on all courses within the major.