The Mathematics Bridge Academy at Brazosport College, in partnership with Brazosport Independent School District, features a three week program designed to help intermediate and high school students sharpen their mathematics skills, fill gaps in past knowledge, and accelerate progress toward advanced mathematics.
The academy features:
- Pretesting to discover gaps and target areas for acceleration
- Individualized instruction in the computer lab, featuring practice work tailored to each student’s needs
- Exit testing to assess progress
- Instructors with teaching experience at high school level and at Brazosport College
- Tutors available to work one-on-one with students during computer lab time
- Mentors leading activities to build skills for college and career success
- Campus tours and information on opportunities for early college credit
- Career presentations from faculty and staff who prepare students for jobs in local industries
In the summer of 2015, Math Bridge Academy will be open to any student entering Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, or Pre-calculus/Dual Credit in the Fall of 2015.
Students will choose the dates and times that work best for them, regardless of current grade or math level.
The Mathematics Bridge Academy is held on the Brazosport College Campus, 500 College Drive in Lake Jackson, in our new state of the art Mathematics Achievement Center. The Center is located towards the back of BC Central in room F-102. This map shows the pick-up and drop-off location.
In the summer of 2015, Math Bridge Academy will have a fee that students pay at registration. Scholarships will be available to students in need.
Scheduled Sections for 2015
Academy 1: June 8 - 25
Academy 2: June 29 – July 16
Academy 3: July 20 – August 6
Note: Each of the three 3-week academies are identical and meet Monday-Thursday.
During each 3-week session, there are 3 time slots to choose from:
Online registration for ALL sections will begin May 1st.
- If student HAS taken Community Education or college classes at Brazosport College, CLICK HERE!
- You will be taken
to the Community Education page.
- Click Register
Online on the right side of the page.
- Sign in with your
ID number and PIN, and skip to Step 4.
- If student HAS NOT taken Community
Education or college class at Brazosport College, CLICK HERE!
Step 2: Follow
the link in the email.
submitting, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to activate your
Step 3: Click
“click here to login to your account” and agree to the information
technology security agreement.
Step 4: Move
your mouse over registration until the drop down appears.
Step 5: Click
Step 6: Select
Step 7: Choose
the category “Special Events”.
Step 8: Click
“Display Schedule and Available Courses”.
Step 9: Find
the Math Bridge Academy session (dates and times) that will work for you.
Step 10: Before
adding the course, open the PDF in the Forms column.
Step 11: The Math Bridge Release Form is the prerequisite that must be submitted before you will be
able to add the course by clicking “Add”.
Code of Conduct
All participants will be required to turn in a signed copy of the Code of Conduct by the end of the first week of their academy. You may choose to print from the link below, or receive a copy on the first day.
Code of Conduct 2014.pdf
If you have any questions about the Mathematics Bridge Academy, contact the Gulf Coast PASS student mentors at 979-230-3293 or via email email@example.com.